We’re looking for a graphic designer with an intentional bent toward social impact and 5+ years’ professional experience, preferably in an agency environment. Must demonstrate strengths in identity and interactive—a rare duo, but we’re looking for a rare individual. Motion graphics experience is a plus. Please send resume and portfolio link to email@example.com.
Only those candidates with experience in the exploration, design and development of brand identity and package design for the consumer product industry will be considered. Food product packaging, specifically organic and natural, is a plus.
You will work directly with Creative Directors and Account Executives.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent illustration and Photoshop skills
- Above-average writing and grammar skills
- Working knowledge of FDA and USDA Organic regulations/guidelines for package design
Check out the listing on LinkedIn for more details and how to apply.
An unnamed “long-established downtown agency” in Boise is looking for a Graphic Designer/Art Director. From the post on Craigslist:
We’re a long-established downtown agency and we’re getting busy. We’d like to see what kind of design talent might be ready for a change of scenery and the chance to do some great work. Your past work should include a significant amount of brand design and interactive. Advertising and motion graphics experience are a plus, but not mandatory. Please reply with a link to your portfolio and a cover letter that tells us what you’re trying to accomplish with your career. All correspondence will be kept in confidence, so don’t be shy.
Full details and how to apply can be found in the Craigslist job posting.
Western Power Sports in Boise — one of the fastest growing wholesale distributors of aftermarket powersports parts, apparel, and accessories — is looking to grow their marketing / advertising department. They currently have two openings:
Junior Graphic Designer – Marketing
WPS is currently seeking a talented, motivated Jr. Graphic Designer with ambition to design a variety of creative projects. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic with the flexibility and focus to multi task in a fast paced creative environment. He or she will be confident with design principles, problem solving, innovative typography and possess’ clean layout skills as well as good communication and interpersonal skills.
This is a full time entry level position that will support the marketing team in the research, concept development, design and execution of creative projects such as ads, brochures, corporate identity, packaging, presentations, promotional displays, signage, websites, etc. Applicants must demonstrate a strong attention to detail and understand design from a marketing perspective.
Social Media & Digital Assets Specialist
Plans, directs, and coordinates social media relations of organization’s brands and products; builds digital assets for online brand advertising campaigns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee day-to-day execution of all social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Google +, LinkedIn, Instagram and other relevant platforms for multiple powersports brands.
- Designs and builds digital banner assets for online advertising campaigns by working closely with lead designer and content marketing manager to ensure consistent brand message.
- Works closely with lead graphic designer and content marketing manager to establish social media marketing and digital asset creation goals.
- Develops and creates content strategy and content calendar; aligning both with the larger marketing strategy and objectives.
- Composes, reviews and edits copy for social media platforms.
- Works with colleagues throughout the company to generate social media and web content ideas.
- Plans and oversees the organization’s promotion activities specifically linked to its social media presence, such as contests, product releases and other promotional events.
- Studies and monitors relevant media sources, such as social media, websites/blogs, forums, consumer and trade publications to recommend strategies that will influence opinion or promote products.
- Prepares social media marketing activity reports.
- Assists with websites content management when needed.
Full details about both positions and how to apply can be found on the Western Power Sports website.
Oliver Russell in Boise has an opening for an “Art Director/Graphic Designer/Stubborn Idealist.”
From the Craigslist post:
If you’re looking for a home where you can lend your design talent to companies and causes you can believe in (and have a great portfolio of interactive, print and packaging samples, along with certifiable skill with Adobe CS, and ideally, motion graphics and beer making, along with a tolerance for dogs and infants), we’d like to talk. Please send along your resume and electronic samples.