Western States Cat in Meridian is looking to add a Marketing Content Creator/Writer to their team. From the job description on their careers site:
This marketing position plays a vital role in message creation for internal and external audiences with tactical executions including, but not limited to website, social media/blog, email, video, advertising, and specific marketing programs. In addition, the Marketing Content Creator will participate in general ideation with other members of the marketing and business groups to recommend marketing tactics.
- Recommends and implements communications tactics and ensures messaging achieves desired end result.
- Writes and edits relevant content with clarity, consistency, and creativity to reach our target customers.
- Executes social media activities and digital campaigns.
- Proactively researches content opportunities for a variety of audiences and business needs.
- Works with internal stakeholders to continually understand business goals and develop content.
- Manages tight deadlines and prioritizes a varied workload in a fast paced, sometimes unpredictable, and demanding environment.
- Advocates online marketing/sales activities and engages the organization internally as needed.
- Stays current with trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Actively cares and advocates safety at Western States. Adheres to all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
- May accomplish training and serve as a team member in support of Western States’ strategic programs, projects, and initiatives.
- Works within and promotes corporate vision, mission, and values of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Full details and how to apply can be found here.
Blue Cross of Idaho has an opening at their corporate headquarters in Meridian for a Marketing Communications Specialist. From the job listing on their website:
To execute marketing plans, projects, and materials that support Blue Cross of Idaho’s goals and overall strategic business plan. Perform a broad variety of outbound related marketing activities and operate within a deadline driven environment. Manage marketing projects, initiatives, and events from concept to completion with guidance.
- Three years marketing and communications (within a creative agency or corporate marketing setting or public relations agency).
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in marketing, communications, advertising or business-related field)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Executing marketing strategies
- Marketing tools and techniques
- Social Media
- Development of creative materials
- Media Buying
- Verbal & written communication
- Writing, editing, and proofing
- Project management
- Detail oriented
- Problem solving
- Microsoft Word – Intermediate
- Microsoft Excel – Basic
- Microsoft Outlook – Basic
- Work with internal and external staff to manage the design and production of marketing materials including advertising, direct mail, product collateral, and web content
- Brand, position, and target marketing materials for diverse audiences and market segments
- Prepare and manage timelines for marketing projects
- Ensure that all creative materials undergo brand review and adhere to brand guidelines
- Write and edit complex materials for an audience with varied understanding and/or education
- Work with sales teams (both direct and indirect channels) to develop supporting materials, activities, and lead generation
- Work independently
- Establish rapport and work effectively with all levels of staff, both internally and externally
- Prioritize multiple projects
- Meet and deliver on tight deadlines
Full details about the position and how to apply can be found on Blue Cross’ online career portal.
Disclosure: Blue Cross is a client at my day job.
Western States CAT in Meridian is looking for a Copywriter to join their team:
WRITER WANTED at Western States CAT
We are looking for a COPYWRITER to support internal and external communication efforts producing copy for online and print materials relevant to the appropriate target audiences.
Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is willing to take initiative, work in an environment with changing priorities and have the ability to generate well-crafted content and marketing solutions with reverence to Western States Cat Vision, brand voice and product/service offerings.
The preferred candidate will have a relevant degree and/or professional experience in marketing content creation for multiple channel (web, blogs, email, literature, and advertising). Be aware that this position does require some travel.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong understanding for writing copy for web sites, and advertisements for products or services
- Superior knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation
- Strong experience with online writing techniques and ability to implement best practices
- Able to meet tight deadlines and prioritize a varied workload in a fast paced, sometimes unpredictable, and demanding environment
- Effective at tracking and following through on their own and others’ responsibilities
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Willing to learn new skills, expand knowledge, and adapt to technological and business changes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including presentation delivery
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office, prefer some knowledge of Adobe CS
If this sounds like you please send a cover note and resume to Careers@wseco.com or visit our career page to formally apply.
Update: We got word recently that this position has been filled.
Blue Cross of Idaho has an opening for a Creative Services Manager. From the job listing posted on the Idaho Ad Agencies job board:
To determine the best ways for BCI to visually represent the companys identity online, in print, on posters and in all graphic executions, involving development of high-level concepts for design projects. Work with internal and external clients, pitching designs, and understanding client needs. Recruit and manage third party design firms and internal design resources.
Storyboard or translate ideas to designers and develop innovative motion graphics solutions
Lead projects from concept to completion. Apply best practices in user interface and interactive design, including image optimization and site mapping
Make evaluative judgments
Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
Train and provide lead responsibilities to more junior employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
In reading through the job description – and between the lines a bit – this position appears to be part account manager, part project manager, and a hint of creative director all lumped into one nebulous job.
Full details about the position and how to apply are available here.
Scentsy in Meridian has an opening for a Web Designer in their marketing department. From the job description on the Scentsy website:
The Web Designer designs, develops and maintains creative design, functionality and content for Scentsy websites; helping translate ideas into a visual look and feel to communicate the brand while considering and applying technical and user needs into final user interface. Web Designers also perform maintenance duties when given new assets, copy, monitoring and reporting errors.
Full details about the position, including qualifications, requirements and how to apply can be found on the original job listing.