Western States Cat in Meridian is looking to add a Marketing Content Creator/Writer to their team. From the job description on their careers site:
This marketing position plays a vital role in message creation for internal and external audiences with tactical executions including, but not limited to website, social media/blog, email, video, advertising, and specific marketing programs. In addition, the Marketing Content Creator will participate in general ideation with other members of the marketing and business groups to recommend marketing tactics.
- Recommends and implements communications tactics and ensures messaging achieves desired end result.
- Writes and edits relevant content with clarity, consistency, and creativity to reach our target customers.
- Executes social media activities and digital campaigns.
- Proactively researches content opportunities for a variety of audiences and business needs.
- Works with internal stakeholders to continually understand business goals and develop content.
- Manages tight deadlines and prioritizes a varied workload in a fast paced, sometimes unpredictable, and demanding environment.
- Advocates online marketing/sales activities and engages the organization internally as needed.
- Stays current with trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Actively cares and advocates safety at Western States. Adheres to all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
- May accomplish training and serve as a team member in support of Western States’ strategic programs, projects, and initiatives.
- Works within and promotes corporate vision, mission, and values of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Full details and how to apply can be found here.
It’s been entirely too long since we’ve made the rounds and checked in on shops around the state, so let’s remedy that. Starting with Fahlgren Mortine in Boise.
In July of 2016, David Jenson joined Fahlgren Mortine in their Boise office as managing director and senior vice president. He was previously a co-founder of Allan & Jenson, a marketing research and strategy consulting firm with offices in Boise and Los Angeles. Jenson is a familiar face around Boise, serving as Oliver Russell’s managing director from 2007 to 2012.
At the same time, Shea Andersen was also promoted to a vice president role in the Boise office. In the two years since joining the company, Anderson has been influential in the growth of the business through new and existing client relationships, as well as development and mentorship of the Boise team.
From here we fast forward to October, when senior account executive Sophie Sestero was named BYP Young Professional of the Year.
Then, in December, Sestero was also named one of the Idaho Business Review’s 2017 Women of the Year. She, along with 49 other finalists, will be recognized at a reception, dinner and awards gala at the Boise Centre in March, where one of the 50 will be honored as the Idaho Business Review Woman of the Year.
We’ll catch up with others as time allows.
As 2017 kicks off in earnest, we’ve already seen at least one change on the marketing and communications front here in Idaho. On January 1st, the Gallatin Public Affairs office in Idaho was acquired by Portman Square Group.
Portman Square Group is led by Emily Baker, who was previously Managing Partner of Gallatin’s Boise office.