Earlier this week I caught an ad in the Idaho Statesman announcing that Sterling Savings Bank had been acquired by Umpqua Bank, and it reminded me of this campaign that Hanna & Associates did for Sterling a few years ago:
Ian was most recently at 14Four in Spokane, Washington, and joins Hanna & Associates as a web developer. He has worked on interactive campaigns for clients such as Harley Davidson, the NFL, Slim Jim, McDonald’s and the Department of Homeland Security. Ian is a graduate of Eastern Washington University with a BA in graphic communication.
Editor’s note: This was originally written as a “new hires” (plural) post, but after a quick spin through LinkedIn, it appears that the second one was a short-lived stint an Hanna.
Hanna & Associates in Coeur d’Alene was recognized last month by the American Gaming Association at their 12th annual American Gaming Association Communications Awards in Las Vegas.
Their work for Northern Quest Resort & Casino won a Gaming Voice Award for best website, besting other entrants such as MGM Resorts International, Bally’s Corporation and Mandalay Bay Resort.
Joe Preston has joined the agency as an Art Director. Prior to joining Hanna, Preston served as an Art Director for a number of Northwest firms. He studied graphic design at Spokane Falls Community College and at The Art Institute of Seattle.
Krista Yep has joined the agency as a Copywriter. She was previously a freelance writer in the San Francisco area and attended Miami Ad School in San Francisco.
Carly Chandler has also joined the agency as an Administrative Assistant.
Congratulations to all.
Hanna & Associates in Coeur d’Alene has promoted two staff members and added a new face to their office recently.
From the announcement in the North Idaho Business Journal:
Sheila Beaudry has been promoted to Vice President, Comptroller. She has been overseeing the company’s accounting staff and financial operations.
Also promoted was Susan Park to Director of IT Services. Her new position now includes supervising interactive programming development in addition to in-house technology management.
Finally, Ryan Johnson has been hired as Interactive Producer to join Hanna’s Interactive Communications department. He will be responsible for creating web advertising, websites, cell phone messaging, mobile TV, gaming programs and other new media options. A 2008 University of Idaho graduate, Johnson previously served as an IT specialist at Innercept, a therapeutic boarding school specializing in programs for young adults.
Congratulations to all.
Although the work was judged back in April and the winners have long-since been notified, I finally had a chance to find the full list of winners from the 2010 Northwest ADDY Awards. Here is some of the recognition that Idaho entrants received:
- Silver ADDY Award, Collateral Material (Brochure, Color) — The Ridge Brochure, The Ridge
- Silver ADDY Award, Non-Traditional Advertising (Non-Traditional) — 2009 Media Kit, Hotel 43
- Silver ADDY Award, Advertising Industry Self Promotion (Self-Promotion, Collateral) — Indie Book, Drake Cooper
- Silver ADDY Award, Collateral Material (Brochure, Color) — Pharmacy Recruitment Brochure, Albertsons
- Silver ADDY Award, Consumer or Trade Publication (Consumer/Trade, Full Page, Color) — Family Rafting, Idaho Travel Council
- Silver ADDY Award, Elements of Advertising (Logo) — US Forest Service 1910 Fire Logo, US Forest Service, Idaho Panhandle NF
- Silver ADDY Award, Interactive Media (Website, B-to-B Flash, Services) — Hamilton Website, Hamilton Studios
- Silver ADDY Award, Collateral Material (Special Event Announcement) — Mockli Wedding Beer Labels, Sara & Andy Mockli
- Gold ADDY Award, Advertising Industry Self Promotion (Self-Promotion, Interactive) — Oliver Russell Website, Oliver Russell
- Silver ADDY Award, Advertising Industry Self Promotion (Ad Club Promotion) — 2009 Addy Awards “Come Dressed to Kill”, Spokane Ad Fed
- Silver ADDY Award, Direct Marketing (Direct, B-to-B or Consumer) — Rapture in Six Cantos, Todd Meier Photography
- Best of Show, New Media — To Hell With Prep Campaign, Simplot Food Group
- Silver ADDY Award, Elements of Advertising (Logo) — Mill District Square Logo, Brighton Corporation
- Silver ADDY Award, Interactive Media (Interactive Commercials) — To Hell With Prep Video, Simplot Food Group
- Gold ADDY Award, Interactive Media (Website, B-to-B HTML, Products) — ToHellWithPrep.com, Simplot Food Group
- Gold ADDY Award, Interactive Media (Online Campaign) — To Hell With Prep Campaign, Simplot Food Group
- Silver ADDY Award, Sales Promotion (Packaging Campaign) — Lucky Bums Product Packaging, Lucky Bums
- Judges Choice, Silver Horse Shoe Campaign, Silver Horse Shoe
- Gold ADDY Award, Radio (Local Radio Campaign) — Silver Horse Shoe, Silver Horse Shoe
If there are any others that I’ve missed, please let me know and I’ll be sure to recognize them as well.
4 Silver ADDY Awards, 1 Honorable Mention
Hanna & Associates:
6 Gold ADDY Awards, 11 Silver ADDY Awards, 4 Honorable Mentions
1 Honorable Mention
Salty Design Foundry:
Designer’s Chair, Best of Division, 3 Gold ADDY Awards, 3 Silver ADDY Awards, 4 Honorable Mentions
Grant Hoki, North Idaho College
Congratulations to all of the award winners. A full list of winners from the club (which could very likely include some Idaho shops that I’ve missed) is available via the Spokane Ad Fed’s website.