Speaking of programs for nonprofits…
Drake Cooper is accepting nominations through November 30th for their Dream Big program. What is it, you ask? Well, I’ll let the DC folks explain it to you in their own words:
Each year we’re inspired by the nonprofit applicants that come through our office. The entire agency gets a say in who we choose, and it’s a process we take very seriously. Not only do we look for inspiring causes, but how well the organizations express their needs. It could be as direct as a website and new branding, or it’s a problem that needs to be solved, like an increase in membership or awareness.
So, why do we do this?
We are devoted to building a better community where everyone shares the responsibility of making it a better place to work and live. Ultimately, we hope that our joint work will increase awareness and understanding while inspiring those to take action around a meaningful cause.
Curious to see if you or a nonprofit you love qualifies?
We want to hear from applicants who are proactive, full of swagger, and ready to kick ass and take shit to the next level. We’re also looking for applicants who are trying to make a positive, more inclusive impact on the world. This project is rooted in having fun and making a difference. Applicants must be an IRS designated 501(c)(3) organization with a charitable cause.
Applications can be submitted here, or you can get in touch with Drake Cooper with any questions you might have.
Our friends at 116 & West are still accepting applications for their 2021 Nonprofit Pro-Bono Partnership.
Each year, 116 & West partners with a nonprofit organization to to determine the best marketing solutions and strategy for their needs, and provides marketing services worth $50,000. The 2020 Partner116 program recipient was Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southwest Idaho. Past recipients have also included Family Advocates in 2018, and Boise Rock School in 2019.
Applications for the program will be accepted through November 30, 2020. The 2021 award recipient will be announced by January 16, 2021.
Full details about the program are available on the 116 & West website.
Keeping with the trend of recent job openings, here’s another that came our way from the Idaho Lottery:
The Idaho Lottery is looking for an outstanding Interactive Marketing Specialist to join our
dynamic Marketing Team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to be a part of a fun, fast-paced, innovative team and agency.
The Interactive Marketing Specialist will work on the leading edge of the lottery industry
managing a combination of player club product management, social media marketing and
player relationship marketing along with other marketing duties including digital initiatives
such as web and mobile work and managing and nurturing interactions with players in order
to keep, increase, and engage our player base and increase sales.
This position reports to the Deputy Director of Marketing and will be responsible for the
- Develop and leverage social media to drive player engagement, acquisition, and sales
- Create fun, innovative social media promotions and content
- Oversee and strategize our Very Important Players Club (VIP Club)
- Provide VIP Club support to players
- Use Marketo (marketing automation software) to create dynamic campaigns that adapt
the experience based on a player’s real-time activities. Use real-time intelligence and
customer signals to deliver personalized experiences.
- Send and respond to VIP e-mail inquiries
- Monitor VIP Club KPIs and develop strategies to maximize results
- Printing and sending new and replacement VIP Club membership cards
- Work with the Security division to maintain integrity of the Club
- Develop and run reports to analyze player behavior and manage utilization of player
data for marketing programs
- Coordinate and implement new online marketing campaigns and strategies
- Stay informed on emerging platforms and keep abreast of trends in digital/electronic
media and communications and appropriately pursue new initiatives such as mobile
web sites, social media channels, e-newsletters, SMS alerts
- Strategize improved data driven player focused online marketing opportunities
- Coordinate a comprehensive player contact strategy, inclusive of database
- Leverage the internet to promote our products
- Successfully implement our digital strategy and e-marketing initiatives to support the
marketing and communications goals
- Develop new interactive strategies to reach players
- Measure and evaluate effectiveness of interactive marketing activities
- Player engagement and player satisfaction analysis
- Monitor other communities and social media channels to compare and other sites and
continuously improve our sites
- Develop strong connections with our players by providing them with information
directly suited to their needs and interests and by promoting open communication
through all available channels
- Managing and optimizing online traffic generation spanning search engine marketing,
social marketing, and mobile marketing
- Using web analytics to identify opportunities and ensuring an optimal online
experience to achieve business results (traffic, conversion, average order value,
repeat visit rate)
- Proficient in customer acquisition initiatives including paid search, email, mobile, and
- Assist in day-to-day marketing duties
The full job announcement, including qualifications and how to apply can be found on the Idaho Lottery’s site. Applications will be accepted through November 20th.
c308 Marketing in Boise is looking for a Graphic Designer / Art Director to join their team. From the job description:
You are an aspiring graphic designer looking for a digital-first focus in which to build your career. You have a passion for the aesthetic integrity of brands. You value strategic design over trends (although you are well aware of those trends).
If this sounds familiar, we would like to talk with you.
c308 Marketing has been the digital marketing muscle for digital minded brands for the past 17 years. As one of the oldest digital marketing firms in the state, we have cut our teeth with a wide variety of clients. Ranging from Fortune 1000 companies such as Hewlett-Packard, ViewSonic, Intel, CDW, & Fujitsu-Siemens, to regional clients like the Idaho Lottery, The State of California (many agencies), The University of Idaho, & Covered California.
We are looking for a self-motivated designer with an exceptional talent for fresh conceptual thinking and a beautiful design sense.
- Website and Mobile App Interface Designs
- Logo Development
- Motion Graphics Creation
- Digital Content Design
- Talent. We are looking for the artistic design quality our clients have come to expect from our firm.
- Work Ethic and Passion. To be successful in the digital marketing world, work ethic, and passion for creating exceptional work is a pillar.
- Adobe Creative Suite. Working with various software in the Adobe Creative Suite will be required. We move between XD Interface designs, InDesign publications, and Illustrator compositions.
- CGI, After Effects, and Premiere experience a plus
Please send resume, link to your portfolio, and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Drake Cooper has been on a bit of a hiring spree as of late. We’ve noted some of their recent openings in recent weeks, but this one seemed like it warranted extra attention.
Drake Cooper is looking for a new Creative Director to join their team.
From the job description:
Our mantra is – We Build Brands for the Ambitious.
To achieve that statement, Drake Cooper is seeking a collaborative, open-minded, and inspiring creative leader, with a willingness to set the tone by being hands-on. Our new Creative Director will make sure our creativity solves our clients’ most pressing issues and helps them achieve their most significant opportunities.
This is an instrumental creative role in the agency, guiding the creative vision for Drake Cooper. Reporting to the CEO, the Creative Director will oversee a talented group of artists, writers, and creatives charged with developing innovative advertising and marketing for clients that span multiple verticals such as real estate, retail, food and beverage, and travel and tourism. The Creative Director will work collaboratively across the agency developing successful campaigns that reach audiences via traditional, digital, and social platforms.
If you have a career goal to inspire, create, and innovate, this is the role for you.
Who You Are.
- 10+ years of creative experience — specifically in advertising agencies, with 5+ years in a creative leadership capacity, directly supervising creatives
- Someone who thinks conceptually, and has experience turning compelling conceptual ideas into successful advertising and marketing
- Proven track record of breakthrough creative development and business success
- Culture champion — you will have built and shaped agency culture that has resulted in a highly innovative, diverse, and engaged team
- Experience in emergent digital visual design trends, including Print, OOH, Interactive, UI/UX, Email, Mobile, and Social
- Experience overseeing the design of physical brand experiences
- Deep expertise in developing print, digital, and broadcast campaigns
- Advanced knowledge of creative development for advertising and promotional spots and content, along with knowledge of scriptwriting, motion graphics, editing, and music
- Solid strategic understanding of brand strategy and market positioning to ensure a consistently modern voice across multiple client verticals
- Open-minded and adaptive to how data, analytics, and other innovations can help inform the development of more effective creative
- An outstanding collaborator and communicator who can work across multiple functions and internal teams with a strong executive-level presence
- Have a strong appreciation of popular culture and avidly contribute to an understanding of the interests of our clients’ audiences
- Deep passion for storytelling, advertising, marketing, film, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Full details about the position and how to apply can be found here.