Here are a few openings that have popped up recently. In no particular order:
In addition to the Art Director position we previously noted, Foerstel is looking to add a Junior Designer to their team. And for a change of pace, they’re inviting applicants to submit their materials, and if selected, join them for what they’re calling a “VIP hiring event” with a speed dating style interview process. More details about that here.
Drake Cooper is in search of a Marketing Analyst, a Front End Developer / Designer (contract), and an Associate Producer (DC/Studio).
Stoltz Marketing Group is looking to add an Account Manager to their team, according to their recent job opening posted on LinkedIn.
Finally, Quad is after a Senior Graphic Designer to work onsite at a Boise-based client’s location.
Duft Watterson has gone through quite the growth spurt over the past several months.
In April, they announced the addition of two new team members, Designer Sam Fischer and Account Coordinator and Content Writer Angie Heuring.
Shortly thereafter, they grew by three more, as Account Managers Casaundra Petersen and Shauna Tefft, and Designer Jeff Lautenslager joined the team.
Thought they were done? Not even close.
Their most recent additions, based on what they’ve shared on Instagram and published on their website, are Designer Randi Arnot, Senior Designer Inna Grishchuk, Account Manager Hanna Wenter, Senior Copywriter Rich Lufrano, Digital Programmer David Scholer, and Videographer and Photographer Michael Bonocore.
Phew! That’s a lot of new names and faces to try and keep track of. And yes, there will be a quiz. Better study up.
Foerstel Design is looking to add an Art Director to their team. From the job listing on their website:
At Foerstel Design, being a kick-ass designer ranks number one, but caring about the environment and sustainability is also at the top of our list. We are a design and strategic marketing group located in sunny Boise, Idaho, and we sleep better at night because we spend our days working for thoughtful clients whose products and services make the world a better place to live. We are looking to add an art director to our tribe who has bushels of positive energy and a minimum 10 years of design/production experience. A perfect candidate thinks that creativity isn’t limited to the office, embraces problem-solving, and plays well with others. Food package design experience is a plus, and fitting in with our fun, creative bunch is a must.
What you’ll do
- Package design for retail and foodservice, from early concepting to production
- Brand architecture, including but not limited to, establishing foundational elements, logo design, and collateral development
- Digital/web and interactive design
- Digital illustration
- Work directly with creative, web, and account teams to achieve desired project goals and quality creative projects
- Participate in new business development efforts
What you’ll need
- Minimum 10 years design experience in an agency or design studio
- Package design experience is highly preferred but not mandatory
- A strong portfolio demonstrating a variety of design skills
- Superior knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An optimistic, can-do attitude
- Willingness to embrace design as a discipline of co-creation
Full details about the position and how to apply can be found on Foerstel’s site.
Here’s one you don’t see every day…
Micron in Boise is looking for a Senior Manager, Creative Services Team. From the job listing on their site:
The Senior Manager, Creative Services Team provides creative leadership to Micron’s in-house agency. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Global Studio and part of our Global Communications and Marketing team, this position is responsible for connecting our creative approach to the business strategy.
In this strategic role you will:
- Partner and create strong alignment with GCM teams in the brand and content programs
- Define creative direction, guide the creation of creative and collateral, and provide stewardship for Micron’s corporate brand from a visual and creative perspective
- Support your peers in the account services and operations teams in managing senior client relationships
- Create workflow efficiencies and provide full-service support to clients
- Convincingly present creative concepts to all partners
- Exhibit outstanding creative judgment and guide the creative services team in achieving the highest possible standards appropriate for all materials regardless of medium.
Additionally, the Senior Manager, Creative Services Team (and team) will be review all creative work from our strategic agency partners to ensure the work is aligned with Micron’s corporate brand identity and strategy.
The job listing indicates a minimum of 10 years professional experience required, with five years as an art director or designer. It also specifies that in-house agency experience is required, and external agency experience is desired.
Full details about the position and how to apply can be found on Micron’s site.