Evoca, a Boise-based startup offering “a reliable, high quality alternative to traditional cable, satellite, and streaming services” is looking for a Digital Experience Marketing Manager to join their team. From the job description on their website:
As Evoca’s digital experience manager, you will be responsible for creating a successful digital experience for customers and prospects, ensuring that each touchpoint of the customer journey is not only effective but engaging as well.
In this role, you will have a deep understanding of Evoca’s customers and prospects, the target demographics, and what digital experiences they desire. You must understand and use customer data to create a digital strategy that not only offers a personalized experience but leads to customer satisfaction. Primary methods for doing so include email marketing campaigns, database development and refinement, website user experience and content strategy development and implementation.
Email Campaign Management:
- Create and manage Evoca’s email strategy, nurturing leads through email campaigns
- Develop and implement content strategies by working closely with television network partners, internal team and external agencies
- Build out content calendar
- Integrate messaging with other on- and offline marketing campaigns
- Manage customer life cycle and digital experience life cycle
- Set up triggers, automations, and journeys in Marketing Cloud
- Optimize landing pages and manage marketing funnel
- Analyze and report email campaign performance
- Segment database based on prospect behaviors
- Identify leads with high potential for acquisition and retention
- Evaluate customer purchase and retention trends over time
- Monitor customer interactions for insights and data
- Evaluate website traffic according to metrics such as a number of visitors, visitor demographics, session length, conversion rate, new customer acquisition cost and more
- Improve and manage the UX of the website and other digital channels
- Work with internal teams to ensure the company’s ecommerce strategy is satisfactory
- Ensure alignment on key messages, goals, and overall experience
- Maintain information accuracy on programs, pricing and other pertinent information
General Marketing Management:
- Manage digital and creative assets
- Help traffic creative assets with agency partners, including media buyers
- Coordinate social and email content calendar
Full details about the position and how to apply can be found on Evoca’s website.
Oliver Russell is Boise is looking to add a Graphic Designer to their team. From the job description on their website:
We’re looking for a seasoned graphic designer with a passion for social change to join our B Corp team. You should have 5+ years professional experience, preferably in creative agencies, and should be well versed in all design with special emphasis on digital:
- Website and Mobile App Interface Designs
- UI/UX, Email, Mobile and Social
- Motion Graphics Creation
- Digital Content Design
- Brand Identity Development
- Integrated Campaign Development
You will work in a creative and collaborative culture that delivers results for our purpose-driven clients and builds tools that allow businesses to create social and environmental impact. Positive social change should be core to your life in the same way that excellence in design is – something you have demonstrated through action and execution, rather than lingering in the conceptual phase.
Location: Boise, Idaho or remote.
Full details and how to apply can be found via the link above.
Salt Creative in Boise reached out to us recently and let us know of a couple openings:
Web Design Intern
Intern responsibilities may include any of the following, as well as additional functions not listed:
- Implement copy edits and revisions to websites as part of the web design process
- Format, upload, and add photos to websites
- Build page layouts, customize pages according to client specifications, and create contact forms for client websites
- Mange access and permissions to CMS for both staff and clients
- Assist with curating SALT CMS training and training documentation, and provide applicable training to staff and clients
- Monitor and provide detailed analytic reports for websites and specific digital marketing campaigns
- Cultivate targeted research on web design trends, technologies and strategies
- Oversee other duties as assigned
Applicant Qualifications & Requirements
To be considered, qualified applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Basic knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- Strong writing and communication skills, with business acumen
- A solid understanding of how web applications work, including basic knowledge of security, session management and best development practices
- Demonstrate awareness of web interface design and aesthetics
- Basic knowledge of search engine optimization process
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Ability to thrive in a creative environment and meet project goals,
- Able to learn new technologies by sourcing new techniques and trends
- Ability to generate, share, and follow through on creative ideas
- Demonstrate organizational skills with ability to juggle multiple, competing tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets
- Ability to collaborate with others as well as work independently
- Conduct keyword research, utilizing dedicated software, and generate new keyword ideas
- Execute tests, collect and analyze data and results, identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum ROI in paid search campaigns
- Analyze website and social media pages, then make strategic recommendations
- Generate content strategy and delegate these to the team
- Develop link-building strategies
- Track, report, and analyze website analytics, PPC initiatives and campaigns
- Oversee content creation and offer suggestions
- Keep up-to-date with new trends and best SEO practices
- Manage campaign expenses, stay on budget, estimate monthly costs and reconcile discrepancies
- Optimize copy and landing pages for search engine marketing
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion and optimization
- Research and implement SEO recommendations
- Work with editorial and marketing teams to drive SEO in content creation and content programming
- Great customer service and interpersonal skills
- Documented SEO experience
- Track record of SEM experience, including managing PPC campaigns across Google, Yahoo and Bing
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition
- In-depth experience with website analytics tools (e.g, Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEO and SEM
Full details about the positions and how to apply can be found via the respective links above.
People in the agency business come and go on a regular basis. For any number of reasons. While the trends may not be as pronounced locally as they are at a national level, it certainly happens.
But every once in a while there’s a departure that makes us stand up and take notice. In recent months, there have been two.
In late November, Marc Cowlin exited his role as VP of Content and Digital Marketing at Duft Watterson, and in doing so effectively shuttered the shop’s San Francisco presence. A little digging around LinkedIn in the weeks that followed revealed that he is now with BlueOwl, a San Francisco-based technology company.
Separately, in late December Jeremy Chase left Drake Cooper (again), this time to take on the role of VP of Business Development at Salt Lake City-based Love Communications. The update came a couple weeks after Drake Cooper’s announcement that agency ownership had been converted to an ESOP structure.
I do not presume to know the reasons behind either of these departures, as there’s always more to the story than what may be shared publicly.
I’ve known both Jeremy and Marc for many years, and wish them nothing but the best in their respective new roles.
Branched Roots is looking for a Creative Director. From the job listing on Glassdoor:
The creative director is responsible for overseeing all creative products produced by an advertising agency. Creative directors will ensure the agency produces high-quality creative content for its clients and oversee the entire creative team, including copywriters, art directors, and designers.
The creative director guides all projects and is responsible for the overall quality of work produced by the creative department. Depending on industry focus and the company’s needs, the creative director’s role may shift. This role will require to work in the trenches, helping to generate the big ideas. The creative director job description includes:
- Manage the creative process from concept to completion
- Translate marketing objectives into clear creative strategies
- Work closely with multidisciplinary project teams,
- Lead and direct the creative team in the production of all marketing collateral, brand, design and UI/UX.
- Ensure visual communication and brand standards are met
- Meet with clients or upper management to explain campaign strategies and solutions
- Review work, troubleshoot and provide feedback to creative teams
- Manage and cultivate the career development of staff members, including designers, art directors, copywriters, photographers and web developers
Full details about the position and how to apply can be found here.