PRSA Idaho is hosting Batter Up: Pitching in the New Media Landscape, featuring nationally-recognized media pitching coach Michael Smart on Thursday, September 20th.
This half-day event will cover topics such as:
- How to take advantage of the upheaval in the media industry.
- The anatomy of perfect phone and email pitches.
- Foolproof ways to determine the correct journalists and bloggers to approach.
- What to say or write to grab attention every time.
- How pitching bloggers is similar to and different from pitching to other media.
- A specific pattern for knowing exactly when to follow up with your media contacts, and when not to.
- What most annoys journalist and bloggers, and how to avoid it!
This event will be held in the Jordan (A) Ballroom in the Student Union Building at Boise State University. It begins with breakfast at 8:30 a.m. and sessions start promptly at 9:00.
- $45 for PRSA members who register online
- $60 for nonmembers and at the door
- $35 for students with a valid student ID
Online registration is available – and encouraged – through PRSA Idaho’s website. More details about the event and the guest speaker are available there as well.
The Public Relations Society of America Idaho Chapter’s next event, The Business Case for Public Relations, is scheduled for Thursday, May 6th at Beside Bardney. From the event description:
Join the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Idaho Chapter and Michael Cherenson, 2009 National PRSA chair and CEO, for a discussion on: The Business Case for Public Relations.
Michael Cherenson has been at the helm of a national movement to better inform of public relations’ roles and strategic value. He will be in Boise to teach communications professionals how to best present a business case for public relations to the company and/or clients they represent. Cherenson will focus on useful tools and tactics to create better understanding of the practice, application and value of PR.
Date: Thursday, May 6, 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Location: Beside Bardenay, 612 Grove St., Boise, ID
Cost: $15 for members and guests / $8 for students (includes lunch)
Payable by cash or check
RSVP: RSVP to RSVP@prsaidaho.org or by phone to PRSA president Sydney Sallabanks at (208) 388-0766