Sophie Sestero has been promoted to Account Executive at Ritter Public Relations. Sestero, who joined the firm in January, has focused her time on social media, writing, and media relations. She has worked with a number of clients on various campaigns, including the Imagine Twin Falls 2030 campaign.
Ritter Public Relations has set up shop in the Hoff Building in downtown Boise. According to their recently release, the move into the new office space coincides with a change in business model from that of a public relations consultant to a fully staffed, full service agency.
Clients include corporations, associations, government and non-profit organizations. The agency offers strategic counsel, media relations, social marketing, issues management, marketing support, public awareness and public involvement campaigns. Ritter PR offers particularly strong depth of knowledge and experience in education, health care, transportation and economic development.
Ritter Public Relations in Boise has an opening for an Account Executive. From the job description we received:
The firm seeks individuals who can demonstrate initiative, are enthusiastic and committed to quality. Ideally, candidates will have five to seven years of experience in public relations, marketing or public affairs experience. Agency experience is a plus.
An Account Executive must have a bachelor’s degree, mastery over all basic communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to:
- Work independently to implement the full spectrum of public relations tactics including: pitching to news media, coordinating news conferences, arranging editorial board and analyst briefings, coordinating special events, preparing collateral materials, placing print and broadcast advertising, social media, etc.
- Supervise and mentor junior staff
- Interact with client contacts professionally
- Delegate tasks to junior and administrative staff effectively and appropriately
- Set priorities utilizing good judgment and multi-tasking skills
- Identify client challenges and opportunities, and react appropriately with guidance from supervisors
- Understand overall client strategies and help develop strategies as needed by working with supervisor
This position will also support the opening of Ritter Public Relations’ downtown office, currently scheduled to open in January.
To apply, send your resume and a “brief statement of your professional goals” to email@example.com.