For those who may not know, each year, Foerstel holds an annual blanket and donation drive in late-November / early-December. And this year is no exception.
With the temperatures dropping to low temps at night…it reminds us of the very reason that we started this drive seven years ago.
It was a late night for a few of us leaving the office when we were walking to our cars and talking about going home to our dinners and our warm homes. That’s when we looked over to a group of people huddled under the connector trying desperately to stay warm. Then our conversation changed to going home and finding blankets from our closets to bring back for these people.
Since then, we have asked our kind, generous community to help out by just bringing in blankets. They can be gently used from your own home or new. We will distribute blankets at the Homeless Memorial Service, a special time to remember the homeless who have passed away in 2017. The service will be held at Corpus Christi, on 12/21/17.
However, if you don’t have blankets…we are also asking for other needed items such as these:
- New or Gently Used Blankets
- Twin Size Sheets
- Interlocking Foam Floor Mats for Kids
- Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- Non-Dairy Creamer
249 S 16th St. Boise, ID
MON – FRI
NOV. 27 – DEC. 15
9AM – 5PM
Thank you in advance for your kindness and generosity!
Our friends over at Carew Co. have an opening for a Relationship Manager. From the job description they sent over recently:
Given that we are a small creative agency, the role is somewhat “loose” in the definition. This role included a little bit of everything, ranging from project coordinator to office manager to project coordinator. It involves primary support functions that increase efficiency, consistency, and agency success. As a small team, we all contribute to everything — the owner makes bank deposits and orders office supplies, our designers speak with clients and manages timelines, and we all fill gaps. Ultimately, this person is our “glue” that holds it all together.
- Responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the team and project workflow.
- Responsible for maintaining and reporting status of assigned projects.
- Support the internal team and manage ongoing relationships, including frequent direct contact and interaction with clients.
- Support the purchasing and business office functions as needed.
- Responsible for monitoring and assessing/projecting workflow management.
- Ability to transition notes and interactions with clients into clearly articulated, actionable tasks for team members.
- Calendar and schedule management for the team.
- Act as a primary point of contact between clients and designers.
- Demonstrate effective organization, prioritization, time management and verbal and written communication skills.
- Additional duties as assigned by management
Skills and Abilities:
- Able to work in a very fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Team leadership and ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Can adapt to frequently changing priorities.
- Insanely organized.
- No requirements for a degree.
- Project management or agency experience a plus, but not required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Benefits package includes employer-paid downtown parking, year-end profit sharing, 10 days PTO annually, and a medical stipend included in your paycheck.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and any gifts to Paul@CarewCo.net. I look forward to hearing from you!
Oliver Russell is looking to add a graphic designer to their team. From their website:
We’re looking for a graphic designer with an intentional bent toward social impact and 5+ years’ professional experience, preferably in an agency environment. Must demonstrate strengths in identity and interactive—a rare duo, but we’re looking for a rare individual. Motion graphics experience is a plus. Please send resume and portfolio link to email@example.com.
Our friends over at Drake Cooper have an opening for an Interactive Designer. From the job description:
Are you the kind of person that dreams in wire-frames? Do your doodles come in options for HTML or CSS? Have you ever woken up with a brilliant idea for user-system interaction? Us too!! It’s kind of what we are all about. You are the 1 to our 0. Or maybe the other way around—who cares? If you can honestly say that you do—then…well, have we got a deal for you.
We are looking for a talented Interactive Designer to create amazing user experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior user interface design skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional designs.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to markup
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- 2+ years of interactive design experience
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Familiar with creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps
- Proficiency in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design and wireframing tools
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS
- Familiar with CSS preprocessors (preferably Sass)
- Familiar with PHP and designing/developing in WordPress
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest web trends, techniques, and technologies
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum development process
- Bachelor’s degree in related subject
Check out the job listing for all the details and how to apply.
A number of new faces have been showing up in various shops, so it seemed fitting to do a quick run-through of new hire news we’ve come across over the past few months or so. In no particular order:
Jenni Kimball has joined Rizen Creative as an account manager. Before joining Rizen, Kimball was director of marketing for 43rd State Holdings in Boise.
Over at Oliver Russell, Caitlin Copple Masingill recently joined their team as public relations director. Masingill is a former Missoula, Montana city councilwoman, a longtime communications consultant and a former journalist. Most recently, she worked in the Boise office of a public affairs firm. Masingill holds a master’s degree in journalism from the University of Montana and a bachelor’s degree from the College of Idaho.
Also at Oliver Russell, Holly Conti joined the team in March of this year as an account coordinator (and we were remiss in noting it).
Update: Shortly after publishing, we discovered that Holly has since been promoted from account coordinator to producer. Congratulations Holly.
At Stoltz Marketing Group they’ve added two new folks to their staff recently. Katherine Johnson has joined the agency as a senior account manager, while Stephanie Clements is an account coordinator.
DaviesMoore is in on the trend, too, adding Becca Owens as their newest senior web developer, and Lisa Cloyd as director of client services.
Meanwhile, over at Mitchell+Palmer, they’ve added Jenni McConnell as an account / project manager, and Kymm Cornelison as social media strategist
There you have it. Have we missed anyone? Most likely. If so, drop us a line and let us know, so we can do it again.