Western States CAT in Meridian is looking for a Copywriter to join their team:
WRITER WANTED at Western States CAT
We are looking for a COPYWRITER to support internal and external communication efforts producing copy for online and print materials relevant to the appropriate target audiences.
Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is willing to take initiative, work in an environment with changing priorities and have the ability to generate well-crafted content and marketing solutions with reverence to Western States Cat Vision, brand voice and product/service offerings.
The preferred candidate will have a relevant degree and/or professional experience in marketing content creation for multiple channel (web, blogs, email, literature, and advertising). Be aware that this position does require some travel.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong understanding for writing copy for web sites, and advertisements for products or services
- Superior knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation
- Strong experience with online writing techniques and ability to implement best practices
- Able to meet tight deadlines and prioritize a varied workload in a fast paced, sometimes unpredictable, and demanding environment
- Effective at tracking and following through on their own and others’ responsibilities
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Willing to learn new skills, expand knowledge, and adapt to technological and business changes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including presentation delivery
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office, prefer some knowledge of Adobe CS
If this sounds like you please send a cover note and resume to Careers@wseco.com or visit our career page to formally apply.
Word got to us a few days ago, and was confirmed via a press release recently issued by Ivie, that Ivie & Associates has acquired CLM Marketing & Advertising in Boise.
A couple of excerpts from the release:
CLM, founded in 2003, is a strategic creative agency headquartered in Boise, Idaho, with expertise and capabilities expanding the variety of client verticals that the Ivie family of companies serve.
Ivie has grown considerably since it was founded 21 years ago. Through acquisitions and client portfolio expansion, Ivie has achieved 40 percent year-over-year growth for the past five years. In a continuing effort to provide world-class marketing services to its clients, Ivie is constantly seeking knowledge and expertise in new areas of marketing and advertising. CLM was a perfect fit for the Ivie family of companies.
Ivie & Associates is headquartered in Flower Mound, Texas, and employs over 550 professionals throughout its U.S. and China offices.
Given that Ivie established a presence in Boise last fall, it will be interesting to see what—if anything—becomes of either local office.
Drake Cooper is adding to their team again, this time on the digital side. They have openings for a Junior Developer and Interactive Designer. A little more detail on each:
We are looking for a Junior WordPress/PHP developer who is dedicated to their craft, writes code that they are proud of, and can hit the ground running. We need this person to write beautiful code in a timely and scalable way that improves the code-base of our products in meaningful ways. This person will be a part of a digital team that is responsible for all aspects of the ongoing development from the initial specification, through developing, testing and deployment.
- Write “clean,” well designed scalable code
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Follow industry best practices
We are looking for a talented Interactive Designer to create amazing user experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior user interface design skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional designs.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to markup
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
Full details and how to apply can be found in the respective job descriptions.
Oliver Russell in Boise is looking to add a savvy PR professional to their team.
From the job posting on their website:
- Senior-level experience in media relations—strategy development, program management and active pitching
- Successful track record securing national coverage
- Fluent in social media strategy and implementation
- Conversant in PR and social media online tools and software, including measurement and reporting
- Experience in corporate social responsibility
- Established business editorial and blog contact
- Experience with industry analyst relations
- Strong writing skills across multiple media
- Demonstrated personal involvement in social impact or nonprofit causes
- Desire to work for a certified B Corp.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, changing environment
- Agency experience helpful
- Somewhere in the neighborhood of 10+ years’ experience desired, but not required—as we’re looking for the right person and often accomplishments and ability aren’t neatly packaged into a timeline
Full details and how to apply can be found on their website.
DaviesMoore in Boise is looking for an Account Planner.
The Account Planner will embrace the brand management role, with a focus on developing strategic business and marketing objectives. In addition, the planner will guide the implementation of each plan and shepherd the marketing process to ensure tactics are in line with the established goals. Integral to all facets of developing marketing communications, this person will be heavily relied on for their input at every stage of the process to inform and inspire creative ideas, and guide the resulting integrated marketing campaigns. In this role, the account planner works closely with the Account Executives to develop plans and interacts with all internal teams and client contacts including research, creative and account service teams, web strategy and development teams, media and public relations personnel, client stakeholders and end users/consumers. Ultimately, the charge of the Account Planner is the formulation of a plan for directing integrated communications solutions. This person will have a high level of client contact and must be comfortable assuming a leadership position during client meetings.
The Account Planner should have a firm grounding in marketing thought processes, and tested experience in developing marketing and creative strategies. This person should also have a good understanding of public relations and media planning/buying as it affects the planning process. The Account Planner needs to have strong presentation skills; excellent verbal and written communications skills; strong organizational skills; and dynamic leadership abilities.
See the full job description, responsibilities and whatnot here. Applications are due by Friday, April 3rd.
Drake Cooper’s Backstage Pass internship program is back for the summer of 2015. From our friends at DC:
The Backstage Pass is the largest advertising internship in Idaho. Hundreds of resumes are submitted each and every year for the most competitive advertising internship in the state with only six interns being selected to become Drake Cooper-ites for an entire summer. We can teach you art, copy & code. You bring the ambition.
As a Backstage Pass Intern you will be working with a team to create strategic and creative work for real clients. You’ll get a taste of every aspect of advertising from some of the most talented folks around. You’ll learn a lot about yourself in a short amount of time. You’ll probably come away knowing whether advertising is your thing or if it’s time to join a Hanson Brothers tribute band (it’s certainly the more profitable career choice). You’re going to work your ass off, but we’re confident you’ll have a good time too. One thing is certain; our Backstage Pass Internship program will provide you with a line item for your growing resume that will be way more beneficial than “Agency Barista.”
Learn more about the program and how to apply here.
Nominations are currently being accepted for the Silver Medal Award, presented annually by the Idaho Advertising Federation to an individual who has made outstanding contributions to advertising by furthering the industry’s standards, creative excellence, and responsibilities in areas of social concern.
Please submit nominations on 8.5″ x 11″ pages outlining in detail the extent to which the Nominee has met or exceeded the Silver Medal Award Criteria by April 10th. You are encouraged to expand on the Nominee’s experience and contributions to such degree that judges will be fully informed. Please be advised that abbreviated nominations may be dismissed as insufficient to demonstrate a Nominee’s true qualifications.
Provide the Nominee’s name and company affiliation on a cover page with the contact information of the nominator, followed by all pertinent qualifications of the Nominee for consideration on subsequent pages.
You may submit nominations by email to Bob Rosenthal, Cumulus Media at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail nominations to:
1419 West Bannock
Boise, ID 83702
Excerpted from the University of Idaho’s Letter from the President, February 27, 2015.
Generous Gift Supports Award-winning JAMM Program
When Chuck Christopher ’84 graduated with a bachelor’s degree in advertising from the College of Letters, Arts and Social Sciences, he was prepared for success in his career. As a participant on the University of Idaho’s award-winning advertising team in the School of Journalism and Mass Media (JAMM), Chuck developed the skills and experience needed to become president of Advantage Advertising in Lewiston, Idaho, in 1987. “Being on the ad team gave me the precise experience to take into my career,” said Chuck. “The ad team prepares the best talent for success in the industry.” Chuck and his wife, Mindy, recently gave to the Advertising Team Endowment so that current Idaho students can prepare for their own future successes. The ad team, advised by JAMM faculty member Justin Barnes, has won the five-state regional competition for two years in a row.
DaviesMoore has been going through a growth spurt as of late. Here are some of their latest hires:
Ben Adams — Digital Media Planner / Buyer
Jessca Hellwinkel — Account Services Assistant
Erin Westendorf — Accounting & Billing Assistant
Lindsey Schultz — Office Manager
Dustin Jones — Web Developer
In addition to these new hires, DaviesMoore has also had a couple of notable promotions:
Tyler LaDouceur is now Account Services Manager. He’s been with DaviesMoore since 2007, and was most recently
Digital Media Planner/Buyer & Media Buyer Senior Account Executive.
Tanya Vaughan has been promoted from Vice President of Digital to Chief Digital Officer, and is now a partner in the firm.
On the goings front, Isaac Squyres is no longer with DaviesMoore. According to his LinkedIn profile he left in November and has formed Squyres Strategic Communications.
And finally, after 33 years in the business, Jeff Nielsen retired at the end of 2014.