Update: The deadline for nominations has been extended to Friday, March 16th.
Nominations are now being accepted by the Idaho Advertising Federation for the Silver Medal Award:
The AAF Silver Medal Award is presented annually by the Idaho Advertising Federation to an individual who has made outstanding contributions to advertising by furthering the industry’s standards, creative excellence, and responsibilities in areas of social concern.
Questions about the Silver Medal Award or the nomination process should be directed to Bob Rosenthal at Cumulus Media.
Oliver Russell in Boise has an opening for a Business Development Specialist. From the job description on LinkedIn:
The business development specialist reports to the agency managing director and works closely with other senior team members.
The business development specialist is responsible for implementing the business development strategy and directing the day-to-day client acquisition activities.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Systematic and consistent identification of prospective clients through a combination of sales, networking, marketing and public relations activities
- Introduction of the firm to prospective clients through outreach efforts of phone calls, email inquiries, attending events and online activities
- Following up on marketing generated leads
- Assessing prospect need and potential fit with the firm and determining next steps
- Assisting the firm’s senior leadership in closing late-stage opportunities
- Capturing all relevant data in the firm’s CRM application
- Regular timely reporting of activity to the president and senior team members through a structured reporting format
The business development specialist may be required to assist in developing or updating the firm’s business development plan.
For more details and how to apply, see the original job listing.
The Boise Advertising Federation is hosting the Tour de Smashed, an after hours agency tour of select shops around Boise. The mayhem kick off at 5:30 p.m. in the Foerstel parking lot. More details below.
Update: Due to the number of confirmed attendees, a second bus has been added for this event, and even that one is filling up fast. If you’re interested in attending this event, be sure to get your RSVP in ASAP.
AIGA Idaho is hosting their next Creative Coffee meetup on Friday, February 3rd (sorry for the short notice) from 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. at Moon’s Kitchen in downtown Boise. From the event’s description on Facebook:
Our next Creative Coffee meetup will be a open discussion on the state of the Design industry and community in Boise. Joining the discussion will be Ricky Lyman from Scentsy, Kristy Weyhrich of W Design and Justin Kuntz of Creative Soapbox. The format will be somewhat open, with opportunity for discussion on a wide range of topics effecting us as designers.
This event is free (you pay for your food) and welcome to all. Seating is limited so come early to get a spot. Also, if you have any questions you would like to submit, feel free to post them here on the wall.
If you’d like to RSVP or if you have questions, see the event page on Facebook for more.