We are the Pixel Pushers, hustling graphics in a way that will move you. Join the BSU graphic design seniors as they show off their best work over the years!
She was most recently a Sales and Marketing Coordinator for Hubble Homes, and previously served as a Marketing and Events Coordinator for the Idaho Lottery. Shelbi is a graduate of Boise State University, with a BBA in Marketing.
DaviesMoore in Boise continues to grow, most recently with the addition of Sean Winnett as Digital Marketing Specialist.
Sean is a Boise native, and graduate of Boise State University with a Bachelor’s degree in
Mass Communication & Journalism. Prior to joining DaviesMoore he has worked with other agencies such as Drake Cooper and Tribute Media.
This show features work from 18 designers from Boise State University, and includes a professional hour from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m., then opens to the public from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Parking is available near the facility.
Red Sky Public Relations and Micron are co-sponsoring a day long “content marketing boot camp” workshop at Boise State University featuring Mark Ragan, on Friday April 19th. Details about the event are below:
Red Sky and Micron are proud to co-sponsor this one-day workshop where PR Daily and Ragan.com publisher and CEO Mark Ragan will show you how to develop a content strategy that turns prospects into buyers and converts readers into brand evangelists for your company.
Learn how to:
- Create content that is so useful that people will be compelled to share it — over and over again
- Become the #1 destination for customers and potential customers—and get this done on a tiny budget
- Integrate social media and content to boost your website traffic
- Generate leads for your sales force by writing must-read white papers for your customers
- Build a subscription list of customers, the media and key influencers and keep them coming back for more
- Build a rich editorial strategy without busting your budget with content curation
- Measure the success of your content strategy
Companies are quickly becoming their own media outlets. Gone are the days when brands depended on traditional media and advertising channels to win new customers, build buzz and visibility and engage powerful decision-makers.
Today, smart companies overhaul their websites and social media channels to take messages directly to customers, the traditional media and new influencers. On the lips of every marketer is the mantra, ‘content is the new marketing.’
During this total immersion workshop, you will learn all the latest tools and tactics to create compelling content to promote your company and boost your brand visibility with white papers, customer stories, how-to stories and user-generated information. You will hear real world examples from big brands like The Coca-Cola Company and also hear how smaller organizations on a limited budget can seize on content marketing to accomplish their communications goals.
Sign up NOW and receive a $150 discount! www.ragan.com/rd/yzcm-redskypr
Pricing for multiple employees ranges from $545(2+) to $395(10+). To get those discounts contact Shallonb@ragan.com.
This half-day event will cover topics such as:
- How to take advantage of the upheaval in the media industry.
- The anatomy of perfect phone and email pitches.
- Foolproof ways to determine the correct journalists and bloggers to approach.
- What to say or write to grab attention every time.
- How pitching bloggers is similar to and different from pitching to other media.
- A specific pattern for knowing exactly when to follow up with your media contacts, and when not to.
- What most annoys journalist and bloggers, and how to avoid it!
This event will be held in the Jordan (A) Ballroom in the Student Union Building at Boise State University. It begins with breakfast at 8:30 a.m. and sessions start promptly at 9:00.
- $45 for PRSA members who register online
- $60 for nonmembers and at the door
- $35 for students with a valid student ID
Online registration is available – and encouraged – through PRSA Idaho’s website. More details about the event and the guest speaker are available there as well.
With apologies for the oversight, Amela has joined the Rizen staff recently as a graphic designer. She is a recent graduate of Boise State University, and former AIGA BSU student president.
Jennie has been with the agency for six years, and has led creative efforts for clients such as The Idaho Travel Council, CBH Homes, 44 North Vodka, Bodybuilding.com, Microsoft Office, Simplot, and The Idaho Department of Labor, among others. She also recently completed the Executive MBA program at Boise State University, serves as a board member of both the Boise Advertising Federation and AIGA Idaho, and is an adjunct professor at BSU.
You can read more about the news (and see some of the work that Jennie has played a part in) on the Drake Cooper website.
While belated, congratulations to Jennie are still in order.
CLM in Boise added to their staff recently. Brian Evancic joined the shop as their newest Art Director.
From the news on CLM’s website:
After growing up on the east coast, Brian Evancic relocated to the Treasure Valley and began experiencing the finer things in life (e.g. camping, hiking, grilling, fly fishing, etc.) After a short stint of employment at a nuclear power plant, Brian began honing his design, photography, and filmmaking skills. Before landing at CLM, Brian picked up a BFA from Boise State and worked for seven years in the design, marketing, and advertising industries.