SOVRN is looking to grow their team again, and has two new openings they recently posted on their site:
We are seeking an art director with excellent design chops who can
also provide clear direction without losing sight of project goals. We
want an art director that can work with and mentor our designers,
animators, videographers and other creatives to lead and unify a
creative vision and deliver campaigns that are as impactful as they are
thoughtful. To mesh with our team at SOVRN, you’ll need to be able to
communicate a vision to the team, provide clear direction and feedback,
and listen to client requests to determine how to best incorporate
As an art director, your responsibility lies in leading and
maintaining the creative vision for a project or campaign and helping
the team produce that vision. You can expect eager team members to
support and enhance your vision, as well as simple and effective
processes to help you maintain deadlines and deliverables.
We are seeking a talented graphic designer that is looking to create work that makes an impact. We want a talented designer that pushes creative boundaries and delivers appropriate, unique and rich design for a range of work in print and digital mediums. You’ll get great direction and support from the project teams to help you achieve your best work. To fit in at SOVRN, you’ll need to be able to work well with others, which includes having the confidence to stand behind your work and receive constructive feedback.
Full details about both positions — including how to apply — can be found on SOVRN’s website.
Name Brand Promotions in Boise is looking for a Graphic Designer. From the job description:
We need a risk-taker, someone who is fearless & refuses to settle. A dynamic creative who break from the herd and forge their own path. Who pores over the latest graphic design photography and social trends for information and inspiration. They motivate us to be uncompromising, unapologetic, to express ourselves and stay true to who we are no matter the consequences. Someone who generates innovative, jaw-dropping ideas and loves bringing them to life!
We need a designer to implement our marketing plan, do web-work, photography, graphic design, creative.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and implement marketing strategies.
- Develop and implement our marketing calendar.
- Work closely with the creative team to produce award-winning and compelling, integrated communications. campaigns that include traditional and digital media applications.
- Translate high-level designs into production ready files.
- Develop and organize marketing and branding materials.
- Maintain the company’s website and support with our social media accounts (Facebook/Inista/LinkedIn)
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Proactive in their work – when you have free time, recommend to the Design Lead what is next to get done, or reach out for direction (prepares work by gathering information and materials necessary).
- Typography, Grid Systems, Composition.
Full details and how to apply can be found in the original job listing.
This came through my LinkedIn inbox recently:
SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Location: Idaho Falls, ID
Responsible for timely concept and design of catalogs, magazines, and other sales marketing materials. Works directly with project managers, copywriters, and other designers to produce high quality design work that meets project objectives. Shows competency in areas of typography, photo selection, production, layout, and packaging design. Online retail experience is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conceptualizes and creates design and graphic materials using the appropriate software and computer equipment.
- Visually communicates the key messages of the company, it’s brands, and products.
- Ability to produce work in compliance with existing Graphic Standards Manual.
- Completes design projects as directed by Art/Creative Director.
- Develops rough and finished illustrations for publication.
- Creates and specifies art for print or electronic publication.
- Directs photography for print and electronic publication.
- Works collaboratively with writers and design team.
- Presents and defends work to Art Director and Creative Director.
- Expertise in print production work and ability to produce print ready files.
- Takes ownership of projects.
- Four year degree in Design, Commercial Art, or equivalent.
- Strong design portfolio that exhibits not only a passion for high-quality graphic design, but also an understanding of marketing and effective communications.
- Three (3) or more years experience at an ad agency, design firm or in-house creative group.
- Three (3) or more years experience in a fast-paced creative environment.
- Is a relevant, career designer; stays up-to-date on industry standards, trends, and best practices.
- Sharp attention to detail.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues with files and equipment.
- Competency and experience with the Apple platform and Adobe Creative Suite (including but not limited to: Photoshop, Illustrator, Quark, Acrobat, and InDesign).
- Understanding of prepress, printing processes and printing papers.
- Ability to analyze problems and create solutions.
- Ability to work professionally on his/her own and with teams.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under stress and manage several projects at once.
- In depth understanding of design, print, paper, and Internet specifications.
- Ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities with efficiency and accuracy.
- A strong track record of exceptional performance and quantifiable results
- A natural orientation for continuous improvement and problem solving
- A collaborative approach and willingness to engage in an environment of active idea sharing
- The ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to produce consistent quality under deadline pressure while paying careful attention to detail
- Self-motivation and a strong sense of ownership and accountability
Fore more information about this position, contact Stacie Dagres with High Tech Solutions at 208-906-6205.
Melaleuca in Idaho Falls has an opening for a Graphic Designer. From the job description on Creative Hotlist:
Wanted: Graphic Designer with Warm Coat
Looking for more than a pixel pusher. Instead, a designer whose work connects with people. Stands out. Sets hooks in gray matter. Your imaginative flair is just as valuable as your deft Creative Suite skills. Your visual artistry is as developed as your ability to divine strategic documents. You get high solving marketing problems with award-worthy design solutions.
Internal agency is seeking one such designer. Our experienced, well-coordinated team (20) handles all marketing creative for this growing $900 million company. Our work gets seen. Media include catalogs, identity, ads, magazine articles, product packaging, brochures, event signage, trade show, promotional materials, and cutting edge word-of-mouth initiatives. Environment is fast-paced but rewards effort.
Full details and how to apply are available at the Creative Hotlist job listing.