This came through my LinkedIn inbox recently:
SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Location: Idaho Falls, ID
Responsible for timely concept and design of catalogs, magazines, and other sales marketing materials. Works directly with project managers, copywriters, and other designers to produce high quality design work that meets project objectives. Shows competency in areas of typography, photo selection, production, layout, and packaging design. Online retail experience is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conceptualizes and creates design and graphic materials using the appropriate software and computer equipment.
- Visually communicates the key messages of the company, it’s brands, and products.
- Ability to produce work in compliance with existing Graphic Standards Manual.
- Completes design projects as directed by Art/Creative Director.
- Develops rough and finished illustrations for publication.
- Creates and specifies art for print or electronic publication.
- Directs photography for print and electronic publication.
- Works collaboratively with writers and design team.
- Presents and defends work to Art Director and Creative Director.
- Expertise in print production work and ability to produce print ready files.
- Takes ownership of projects.
- Four year degree in Design, Commercial Art, or equivalent.
- Strong design portfolio that exhibits not only a passion for high-quality graphic design, but also an understanding of marketing and effective communications.
- Three (3) or more years experience at an ad agency, design firm or in-house creative group.
- Three (3) or more years experience in a fast-paced creative environment.
- Is a relevant, career designer; stays up-to-date on industry standards, trends, and best practices.
- Sharp attention to detail.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues with files and equipment.
- Competency and experience with the Apple platform and Adobe Creative Suite (including but not limited to: Photoshop, Illustrator, Quark, Acrobat, and InDesign).
- Understanding of prepress, printing processes and printing papers.
- Ability to analyze problems and create solutions.
- Ability to work professionally on his/her own and with teams.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under stress and manage several projects at once.
- In depth understanding of design, print, paper, and Internet specifications.
- Ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities with efficiency and accuracy.
- A strong track record of exceptional performance and quantifiable results
- A natural orientation for continuous improvement and problem solving
- A collaborative approach and willingness to engage in an environment of active idea sharing
- The ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to produce consistent quality under deadline pressure while paying careful attention to detail
- Self-motivation and a strong sense of ownership and accountability
Fore more information about this position, contact Stacie Dagres with High Tech Solutions at 208-906-6205.