Mitchell + Palmer in Boise has an opening for a Junior Art Director. From the job listing on LinkedIn:
Mitchell Palmer is a colorful, intense, close-knit family of talented individuals sharing a great space overlooking the mountains above downtown Boise. The agency needs a solid creative person with design chops—someone who is equally passionate about execution and idea strategy.
Agency ‘fit’ is equally as important to us as individual talent. While a talented individual with art skills is paramount, Mitchell Palmer prizes real people who love to laugh, play, dream and push boundaries. We are not a tame group—it is very loud sometimes!
- Start Date: Immediate
- Starting Salary: Negotiable DOE (depending on experience)
- Relocation Allowance: Negotiable
- Benefits: 20 days PTO with immediate vesting; 100% health insurance coverage; HSA and POP plans (employee funded); year-end bonus as company profits allow; training and skills enhancement; great coffee… booze… shuffleboard… foosball… darts; retirement plan for mid-2016 is in the works
- Necessary Experience: minimum 5 years working in a creative ad agency, or agency network including working under a creative director who focused more on big ideas rather than design execution
- Conceptualize and produce design work celebrating the ‘big idea’: layouts, storyboards, edits and whatever else dramatizes the creative concept in a wide range of graphic applications (packaging; video titling; digital interfaces/tools; installations; brand identity; environmental graphics, etc.)
- Produce work that is original and effective, and meets the targeted marketing strategy. Recommend surprising solutions.
- Lead by example: produce creative work of a consistently great standard.
- Be accountable for ensuring that the proposed creative solution can be feasibly executed within the time and budget given on the brief.
- Present and explain creative concepts and visual solutions both internally, and to clients effectively; support strategies behind ideas and executions.
- Support the Creative Directors in all aspects of the creative development process, from strategy development to final design execution.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Able to clearly differentiate between design execution and the big idea.
- Able to perform under pressure and work on several projects at a time
- Strong people skills, internally and externally.
- Appreciation of how creative concepts adapt across different media.
- Aware of current trends in producing great advertising.
- In-depth knowledge of Mac technology, networking, typefaces/fonts, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of key software programs (Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Key Note, etc.).
- Able to select the best program meeting the need of the client brief.
- Have an appreciation and understanding for process and structure for overall sanity and efficiency; be an excellent time manager, with the ability to gauge how far to take design within the time allotted.
- Minimum 5 years creative agency experience.
- Experience in a large agency network, or creative network, a plus.
If this position, and moving to a top-10 up and coming city boasting loads of outdoor beauty and sporting opportunities is appealing to you, please send your resume, best portfolio samples and web-links to:
Dirk Robinson – COO