And then there was one.
Following up on the previous post about the Idaho Lottery RFP (that proved to be a bit of unintentional foreshadowing), we recently found that CLM shared the news that they were selected to handle the Idaho Lottery’s creative services:
This marks the first time in almost a decade that creative, strategy, and media will all be under the umbrella of a single agency, if memory serves.
Congratulations to CLM on the win.
Back in March, the Idaho Lottery issued a Creative Services Request for Proposal. Not unusual, given that it’s a state agency, and the RFP calendar and process is pretty cyclical.
The question of who will be selected to provide creatives services for the Lottery is still to be determined. But we know one agency it won’t be.
Yesterday, incumbent shop Mitchell Palmer shared a post and video on their LinkedIn page wishing their friends at the Idaho Lottery success in finding their next creative partner.
For background and context, Mitchell + Palmer was awarded the creative portion of the Lottery’s work in 2015, following a similar RFP process.
The new creative services contract is scheduled to go into effect on July 1, 2021, according to the proposed timeline in the Idaho Lottery’s RFP. In 2012, the Lottery first issued separate contracts for creative and media. CLM has held the media portion of the contract since then, and added strategy in more recent years.
Senestre Creative recently announced that they’ve added Amanda Lubbers to their team as an Art Director.
Prior to joining Senestre, Amanda spent the past five years with the Idaho Lottery–most recently as Web and Digital Design Specialist.
Keeping with the trend of recent job openings, here’s another that came our way from the Idaho Lottery:
The Idaho Lottery is looking for an outstanding Interactive Marketing Specialist to join our
dynamic Marketing Team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to be a part of a fun, fast-paced, innovative team and agency.
The Interactive Marketing Specialist will work on the leading edge of the lottery industry
managing a combination of player club product management, social media marketing and
player relationship marketing along with other marketing duties including digital initiatives
such as web and mobile work and managing and nurturing interactions with players in order
to keep, increase, and engage our player base and increase sales.
This position reports to the Deputy Director of Marketing and will be responsible for the
- Develop and leverage social media to drive player engagement, acquisition, and sales
- Create fun, innovative social media promotions and content
- Oversee and strategize our Very Important Players Club (VIP Club)
- Provide VIP Club support to players
- Use Marketo (marketing automation software) to create dynamic campaigns that adapt
the experience based on a player’s real-time activities. Use real-time intelligence and
customer signals to deliver personalized experiences.
- Send and respond to VIP e-mail inquiries
- Monitor VIP Club KPIs and develop strategies to maximize results
- Printing and sending new and replacement VIP Club membership cards
- Work with the Security division to maintain integrity of the Club
- Develop and run reports to analyze player behavior and manage utilization of player
data for marketing programs
- Coordinate and implement new online marketing campaigns and strategies
- Stay informed on emerging platforms and keep abreast of trends in digital/electronic
media and communications and appropriately pursue new initiatives such as mobile
web sites, social media channels, e-newsletters, SMS alerts
- Strategize improved data driven player focused online marketing opportunities
- Coordinate a comprehensive player contact strategy, inclusive of database
- Leverage the internet to promote our products
- Successfully implement our digital strategy and e-marketing initiatives to support the
marketing and communications goals
- Develop new interactive strategies to reach players
- Measure and evaluate effectiveness of interactive marketing activities
- Player engagement and player satisfaction analysis
- Monitor other communities and social media channels to compare and other sites and
continuously improve our sites
- Develop strong connections with our players by providing them with information
directly suited to their needs and interests and by promoting open communication
through all available channels
- Managing and optimizing online traffic generation spanning search engine marketing,
social marketing, and mobile marketing
- Using web analytics to identify opportunities and ensuring an optimal online
experience to achieve business results (traffic, conversion, average order value,
repeat visit rate)
- Proficient in customer acquisition initiatives including paid search, email, mobile, and
- Assist in day-to-day marketing duties
The full job announcement, including qualifications and how to apply can be found on the Idaho Lottery’s site. Applications will be accepted through November 20th.
The 2018 Rockie Awards Show was a raucous and rowdy affair as usual, and good times were had all around.
A few notables from Saturday night’s event:
The Silver Medal Award went to Sherie Moody-St. Clair from the Idaho Lottery
Drake Cooper took home Best of Show for their J. A. and Kathryn Albertson Family Foundation work.
Oliver Russell and Scentsy both won at the regional level as well — a Gold regional ADDY for Oliver Russell and a Silver for Scentsy. Oliver Russell’s submission has since been forwarded to the national competition.
Congratulations to all the winners.