Here’s one you don’t see every day…
Micron in Boise is looking for a Senior Manager, Creative Services Team. From the job listing on their site:
The Senior Manager, Creative Services Team provides creative leadership to Micron’s in-house agency. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Global Studio and part of our Global Communications and Marketing team, this position is responsible for connecting our creative approach to the business strategy.
In this strategic role you will:
- Partner and create strong alignment with GCM teams in the brand and content programs
- Define creative direction, guide the creation of creative and collateral, and provide stewardship for Micron’s corporate brand from a visual and creative perspective
- Support your peers in the account services and operations teams in managing senior client relationships
- Create workflow efficiencies and provide full-service support to clients
- Convincingly present creative concepts to all partners
- Exhibit outstanding creative judgment and guide the creative services team in achieving the highest possible standards appropriate for all materials regardless of medium.
Additionally, the Senior Manager, Creative Services Team (and team) will be review all creative work from our strategic agency partners to ensure the work is aligned with Micron’s corporate brand identity and strategy.
The job listing indicates a minimum of 10 years professional experience required, with five years as an art director or designer. It also specifies that in-house agency experience is required, and external agency experience is desired.
Full details about the position and how to apply can be found on Micron’s site.
Red Sky Public Relations and Micron are co-sponsoring a day long “content marketing boot camp” workshop at Boise State University featuring Mark Ragan, on Friday April 19th. Details about the event are below:
Red Sky and Micron are proud to co-sponsor this one-day workshop where PR Daily and Ragan.com publisher and CEO Mark Ragan will show you how to develop a content strategy that turns prospects into buyers and converts readers into brand evangelists for your company.
Learn how to:
- Create content that is so useful that people will be compelled to share it — over and over again
- Become the #1 destination for customers and potential customers—and get this done on a tiny budget
- Integrate social media and content to boost your website traffic
- Generate leads for your sales force by writing must-read white papers for your customers
- Build a subscription list of customers, the media and key influencers and keep them coming back for more
- Build a rich editorial strategy without busting your budget with content curation
- Measure the success of your content strategy
Companies are quickly becoming their own media outlets. Gone are the days when brands depended on traditional media and advertising channels to win new customers, build buzz and visibility and engage powerful decision-makers.
Today, smart companies overhaul their websites and social media channels to take messages directly to customers, the traditional media and new influencers. On the lips of every marketer is the mantra, ‘content is the new marketing.’
During this total immersion workshop, you will learn all the latest tools and tactics to create compelling content to promote your company and boost your brand visibility with white papers, customer stories, how-to stories and user-generated information. You will hear real world examples from big brands like The Coca-Cola Company and also hear how smaller organizations on a limited budget can seize on content marketing to accomplish their communications goals.
Sign up NOW and receive a $150 discount! www.ragan.com/rd/yzcm-redskypr
Pricing for multiple employees ranges from $545(2+) to $395(10+). To get those discounts contact Shallonb@ragan.com.
c308 Marketing in Boise has added a new face to their staff:
Chris Campbell has joined c308 as an Account Manager. Chris’ background includes 14 years of experience in marketing and corporate communications, including past positions at Micron Technology and Boise, Inc.
The PRSA Idaho Chapter has an event coming up on Wednesday, April 22nd: PR/Communications Experience and Education — How to Lead in a PR, PIO or Communications Role Without Them. From the PRSA Idaho website:
Several PR practitioners, communicators and PIOs have landed in their jobs without previous public relations experience or formal training. If you are one of them and would like to get tips on how to become more confident and effective as a PR practitioner or PIO, this will prove to be a valuable meeting for you. During this session, we will hear from a number of communications professionals who can address this topic. Then, we’ll open it up for discussion.
- Beth Toal, Public Relations Manager, St. Luke’s Health Care Syste
- John Foster, Senior Advisor and Director of Communicationsfor Congressman Walt Minnick
- Chris Smith, Internal Communications and Corporate Affairs, Micron
- Mary Frances Casper, Professor of Public Relations, BSU
Details about the event are as follows:
Date: Wednesday, April 22nd
Time: 11:45 am – 1:00 pm
Location: Regence BlueShield of Idaho, Conference Room A (2nd Floor). 1211 W. Myrtle St, Boise ID
Cost (includes lunch):
– Members: $8
– Non-Members $10
RSVPs should be sent via email to Robbie Johnson, or by telephone to 208-387-6228. RSVP deadline is Wednesday, April 15th.