THE ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE is responsible for daily contact between the agency and multiple client accounts. The account executive interfaces with various agency departments to move projects through on behalf of the client, including creative/design, earned and paid media, public relations, interactive design/development, and production scheduling and budgeting.
The account executive has major input in developing strategic marketing plans for their clients. After plans are developed, presented and approved by clients, the account executive is responsible for carrying out the plan on a daily basis.
The account executive is also responsible for gaining new business from existing clients. S/he is not a salesperson; s/he is a service person.
Reports to the agency Principal.
- Handles day-to-day activities for assigned clients.
- Keeps apprised of progress of clients’ projects through production and traffic managers or other relevant personnel.
- Receives client briefings. Fills out Client Contact Reports for all client meetings and distributes to appropriate agency personnel. Quickly and accurately relays Client Change Orders to all appropriate agency personnel.
- Effectively presents, sells and defends all agency work/proposals to clients; supports other client service team members in these functions.
- Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments.
- Assists in preparing client invoices, proposals, marketing communications and strategic marketing plans, media and public relations plans.
- Regularly checks for and responds promptly to all client communications, including calls and emails.
- Coordinates with interactive personnel to ensure traditional/interactive synthesis of marketing efforts.
- Oversees execution of approved programs.
- Checks and approves creative/production materials, copy, layouts, and production art, and coordinates client approval of same.
- Reviews billing prior to release to clients; ensures prompt collection of accounts receivable.
- Informs account supervisor regularly of account progress for all assigned clients; involves account supervisor immediately in event of potential problems, i.e., client/agency relations, budget overruns, etc.
- Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel.
- Actively seeks additional projects/new business from client contacts.
- Keeps account coordinator/assistant informed of client activities.
- Represents agency at industry and community functions.
Experience 805, DaviesMoore’s six week internship program, is accepting applications through Friday, May 8th.
During the 6-week program, we’ll split our intern team between two tracks to maximize learning while providing access to multiple departments for a varied experience. Each intern will be immersed in daily work, shadowing DM employees and working collaboratively on projects. Interns will decide between the “Suits” or “Sandals” track and will focus their time accordingly.
From our friends at Oliver Russell:
Brand marketing firm Oliver Russell was recognized recently for creating the most positive overall employee impact by the nonprofit B Lab with the release of its fourth annual ‘B Corp Best for Workers’ list. The ‘B Corp Best for Workers’ list honors businesses that earned a worker score in the top 10% of more than 1,200 Certified B Corporations from over 120 industries on the B Impact Assessment, a comprehensive assessment of a company’s impact on its workers, community, and the environment.
The B Corp “Best for Worker” list sets the gold standard for high-impact companies and demonstrates any type of company can use business as a force for good. In the workers category, Oliver Russell is one of 98 companies from 13 countries and 31 industries to be so recognized. Additional 2015 Best For Workers honorees include Cooperative Home Care Associates, a worker-owned cooperative based in the Bronx, Venezuelan biotechnology firm ETAVENCA, America’s oldest flour brand King Arthur Flour and Kansas-based MAX Insurance. Thirty-five percent of honorees are based outside the US, with companies operating in emerging markets such as Brazil, Ghana, and Venezuela.
“Many companies pay lip service to the shopworn adage, ‘people are our most valuable asset’,” said Russ Stoddard, Oliver Russell founder and president. “We decided to make this a competitive advantage – to invest significantly in our employees—and we’re gratified for this recognition as it shows we’re on the right track.”
“Today’s honorees inspire all companies to compete not only to be best in the world, but best for the world,” said Jay Coen Gilbert, Co-Founder of B Lab, the nonprofit organization that certifies B Corporations and governs the independent third party standard used to generate the comparable assessment of corporate impact.
B Lab simultaneously released separate lists recognizing the companies ‘Best for the World’ (overall impact), ‘Best for Community’ (community impact), and ‘Best for the Environment’ (environmental impact) which can be found at bestfortheworld.bcorporation.net. A total of 350 companies were named 2015 Best For the World Honorees, including Natura, d.light designs, Roshan, New Belgium Brewery, Method Products, and Seventh Generation.
Each honored company is a Certified B Corporation. These companies use the power of business to solve social and environmental problems and have met rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Today there are more than 1,200 Certified B Corporations, across 121 industries and 38 countries, unified by one common goal: to redefine success in business. Any company can measure and manage social and environmental impact performance at bimpactassessment.net.
About Oliver Russell
Oliver Russell, a Boise-based brand-marketing firm founded in 1991, builds brands for purpose-driven companies and causes. The company counts Hewlett-Packard, Allegro Coffee/Whole Foods Market, and Mountain Health Co-op among its clients. It is a certified B Corporation, part of a growing movement of companies that believe in using the power of business to help solve social and environmental issues. Since the company’s founding, Oliver Russell has donated more than $1.8 million in cash and resources via social impact grants to nonprofit causes and social enterprises. More information about these Social Impact Grants can be found here.
About B Lab
B Lab is a nonprofit organization that serves a global movement of people using business as a force for good. Its vision is that one day all companies compete not only to be the best in the world, but the best for the world and society will enjoy prosperity for all for the long term. B Lab drives this systemic change by: 1) building a community of Certified B Corporations to make it easier for all of us to tell the difference between “good companies” and good marketing; 2) passing benefit corporation legislation to give business leaders the freedom to create value for society as well as shareholders; 3) helping businesses measure, compare and improve their social and environmental performance with the free B Impact Assessment; 4) driving capital to impact investments through use of its B Analytics and GIIRS Ratings platform.
Western States CAT in Meridian is looking for a Copywriter to join their team:
WRITER WANTED at Western States CAT
We are looking for a COPYWRITER to support internal and external communication efforts producing copy for online and print materials relevant to the appropriate target audiences.
Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is willing to take initiative, work in an environment with changing priorities and have the ability to generate well-crafted content and marketing solutions with reverence to Western States Cat Vision, brand voice and product/service offerings.
The preferred candidate will have a relevant degree and/or professional experience in marketing content creation for multiple channel (web, blogs, email, literature, and advertising). Be aware that this position does require some travel.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong understanding for writing copy for web sites, and advertisements for products or services
- Superior knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation
- Strong experience with online writing techniques and ability to implement best practices
- Able to meet tight deadlines and prioritize a varied workload in a fast paced, sometimes unpredictable, and demanding environment
- Effective at tracking and following through on their own and others’ responsibilities
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Willing to learn new skills, expand knowledge, and adapt to technological and business changes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including presentation delivery
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office, prefer some knowledge of Adobe CS