The College of Idaho in Caldwell has an opening for a Graphic and Web Design Specialist. From the job description on their website:
The College of Idaho invites applications for a Graphic and Web Design Specialist. The Graphic and Web Design Specialist is responsible for creating and maintaining a dynamic, professional and consistent look for The College of Idaho’s visual identity. The Graphic and Web Design Specialist will work within the Office of Marketing and Communications to create outstanding visual graphics both in print and online for the College. Design responsibilities include advertisements, Quest magazine, creative web projects, print and digital signage, and a variety of publications including postcards, brochures, posters and mailers for admissions, development, alumni relations, community learning, athletics and other campus departments.
- Create outstanding, distinctive designs for the College both in print and online.
- Work collaboratively with students, faculty, staff and outside vendors to ensure visual consistency and quality across all uses of the College’s logos, colors, word marks and other brand assets.
- Design the College magazine, Quest, which is published three times annually with a circulation of 13,000+
- Design the admissions viewbook and other print publications for the enrollment team.
- Work with the director to and execute design for the College’s advertising campaigns, which may include print ads, digital ads, billboards, television spots and posters.
- Work to enhance the visual design of the College’s website, creating more dynamic and brand-cohesive graphics and web pages where possible.
- Assist in designing College apparel, athletic uniforms and promotional items as required.
- Create and update C of I signage, including banners, building signs and the campus map.
- Maintain the College’s digital signage, which promotes campus events via television screens across campus.
- Create posters and graphics to help promote campus and athletics events.
- Assist with photography/photo editing and videography/video editing as required.
- Additional duties as assigned
Check out the job listing for full details about the position and how to apply.
The City of Boise has an opening for a Graphic Designer. A partial description from the job listing on their website:
Designs and creates deliverables for print and web. Utilizes Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft programs to produce files and formats for various output applications. Works from general outlines and descriptions to originate and develop layouts of graphic work. Researches data, develops and designs artwork, and writes copy. Performs quality control proofing. Revises design until acceptable results are obtained. Selects photographs for print processing. Plans layouts and writes printing specifications, including paper stock, size and face of type, binding systems, and multi-color reproductions. Readies projects to final output stage whether offset or digital printing, advertisements, environmental graphics, signage, vehicle graphics or multimedia applications. Assists with planning, organizing and implementing promotional programs or campaigns. Manipulates and formats photographic images in digital formats for electronic and/or web-based documents and applications. Works with management to determine web needs, design, content, application and forms. Designs new pages and graphics for web sites and maintains and updates existing web pages and web site content. Keeps informed of industry trends, best practices, comparative and competitive reviews, and evolving technologies. Consults with internal and external customers on project specifications, considering budget and end use.
For full details about the position and how to apply, see the original job listing.
An unidentified local ad agency has an opening for a Graphic Designer. From their job listing on Craiglist:
Looking for Experienced Graphic Designer for local ad agency.
Experience in Graphic design and its application to printing is a plus and the ability to receive and manipulate files electronically.
Full knowledge of all Adobe platforms, Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, ect.
Ability to manage several projects at one time in an urgent environment
Proven communication skills as direct client contact is sometimes required
Excellent organization, time management skills and attention to detail a must
More information about the position and how to apply can be found in the original post.