Note: When originally posted, this job description had an incorrect link to Missy Murray. It has since been fixed. Apologies for the fat-finger error.
Scentsy in Meridian has an opening for a Web Designer. Details about the position after the jump.
From the folks at Scentsy:
Scentsy, Inc. is a privately held, rapidly growing five-year-old direct selling (party plan) company headquartered in Meridian, Idaho. The company’s flagship products are wickless scented candles that are heated in decorative warmers where the wax is melted by the heat of a light bulb instead of by a traditional wick and flame. Product line extensions include mobile fragrances for cars and small spaces: travel tins, car candles and room sprays.
The rapid growth of the company, both in the U.S. and internationally, requires that we consciously expand our Internet marketing activities. Scentsy Inc. also wants to improve the web services and resources available to our field organization (60,000+ independent sales consultants) as well as our customers.
As such, we need to add a strong web designer professional with demonstrated expertise in web design, conceptualizing, interpreting site objectives to design a website, staying current with web technologies. In-depth experience with social media, and SEO a plus.
The Web Designer designs, develops and maintains creative design, functionality and content for Scentsy websites. This role helps translate ideas into a visual look and feel that communicates the brand while considering and applying technical and user needs into final user interface. Perform maintenance duties when given new assets, copy, monitoring and reporting errors.
- Responsible for designing the user interface, graphic identity, site navigation, web page layout and online content, and interactive experience as well as aggregating content for web projects.
- Perform maintenance of graphics and content for all web projects including web sites, product pages, social media programs and blogs.
- Develop, research and create layouts for new sections and features on Scentsy web presences.
- Understand business and user requirements, as well as technical considerations to identify key factors to be considered for web projects.
- Create visual concepts that match the Scentsy brand.
- Perform maintenance of graphics and content for web pages and web sites.
- Participate in web strategy discussions to define conversion objectives and determine user’s needs, and goals.
- Consults with users and project teams to determine requirements for web pages and related applications.
- Be able to handle multiple projects and deadlines at once while working in a dynamic environment.
- Create and submit a search engine friendly sitemap for applicable web projects.
- Publish RSS Feeds and manage feed distribution.
- Knowledge of actionscript 2.0/3.0, Final Cut Pro, PHP, AJAX and dynamic HTML beneficial
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with cross-browser and cross-platform issues (IE, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
- Superior knowledge of current web-design trends and techniques, a strong online portfolio displaying user-centered design, and experience with web database solutions definite assets.
- Demonstrated experience implementing social media elements into web design such as blogging, friending, content sharing (send to friend, RSS feeds, Stumble Upon etc.)
- Familiarity with Search engine optimization and building links.
- Strong visual graphic design and interactive design skills with a solid understanding of web design principles.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in art, communications, marketing, graphics design, information design, computer graphics, or human factors discipline or other discipline related to the primary responsibilities
- Three to five years experience in web design and programming
Skills / Capabilities / Attributes Required
- Strong and proven skills in visual, written and oral communication
- Experience working in a collaborative, high-energy environment
- Ability to prioritize projects, manage time effectively and meet tight deadlines
- Experience working with other designers, copywriters and executives
- Knowledge of Scentsy a plus
- Aligned with Scentsy values of Simplicity, Authenticity and Value
- Works well in collaborative, team environment
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to work hard, contribute in a growing organization, and have fun
- Sense of humor required
- Must love milkshakes (preferably chocolate, but vanilla and huckleberry are okay, too)
Contact Missy Murray