Pluto is an award winning digital agency located in Boise, Idaho. We believe in creating highly functional creative experiences based on solid strategy. We’re looking for a Front End Developer to compliment our development and design staff.
As a Front End Developer, you will work closely with our development team to create marketing websites and web applications for our clients. You have a strong attention to detail and have an understanding of UX and visual design concepts. With our client base, you will work on multiple projects each month.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about the overall design and experience delivered to the user. This person will own a project from its inception, and will only let it out into the wild if it delivers a solid experience for our client and their users.
This is an hourly on-site contract position for 30 – 40 hours a week within the hours of 8 to 5. You will work out of our office located in downtown Boise. We will not reply to distributed or outsourced work forces. Hourly rate is DOE.
- An intermediate to advanced level of CSS knowledge.
- Knows how to use CSS preprocessors such as LESS or SASS.
- Has the ability to slice Photoshop and Illustrator files into lean markup and image assets.
- Fully understands cross-browser compatibility and performance.
- Has a full understanding of responsive design best practices.
- Ability to deliver work on time.
- Slicing up webpage comps that will be handed off to the back end development team. You can view our portfolio of work at https://www.behance.net/visitpluto and http://www.visitpluto.com/work.
- Working close to the developers to integrate your front end code.
- Testing your front end HTML and CSS using BrowserStack.
- Participating in regular team meetings.
- Contributing to our best practices; recommending, exploring and implementing better ways to deliver solid products to our clients.
- Growing personal and team member expertise through training and exploring.
Nice To Haves
- An understanding of version control (Git, SVN, etc).
- Has worked with CSS3 animations and transitions.
- Has read an article or two on BEM, SMACSS, or OOCSS.
- Has worked with a content management system such as WordPress or Drupal.
What We Need
Please send us two of the following. While we love meeting new people, please no walk-ins.
- Resume and LinkedIn URL.
- Link to your personal website/blog.
- GitHub or CodePen pages.
- Links to sites that you’ve built in which you had a significant contribution to. Please elaborate on what you did.