Because helping spread the word about jobs — even those that aren’t agency-related, is just one of the many services I offer…and thanks for the heads-up, Mike.
Life’s Kitchen is looking for a Communications and Grant Manager. From the job description:
This position is responsible for assisting in the creation and implementation of marketing and fundraising strategies to grow the base of philanthropic support and increase public awareness of Life’s Kitchen. The Communications & Grant Manager, who will report to the Executive Director, will assist in setting the organization’s strategic fundraising agenda to achieve and exceed its revenue goals through the solicitation of individual, corporate and foundation support and grants. Additionally, this person will manage the brand and marketing communications to raise awareness of the organization and its programs throughout the Treasure Valley.
- In Collaboration with the Executive Director, the Communications & Grant Manager will develop an annual comprehensive development plan with targeted goals, objectives, methods, quantifiable outcomes and timelines, which will achieve budgeted goals.
- Responsible for helping secure general operating and capacity building grants.
- Assist in developing and responsible for monitoring a realistic annual fund budget with achievable revenue and expense projections.
- Investigate possibilities of program partnerships and strategic alliances that will extend the organization’s brand in the community and increase avenues of support.
- Responsible for writing and submitting new and renewed grants and reports.
- Responsible for working closely with staff to review program services in order to obtain information for reporting, comply with donor expectations and be aware of programmatic needs for funding to fill gaps or unmet needs of clients.
- In conjunction with the Board Marketing Committee and ED assist in building a comprehensive marketing plan, that includes events, media relations, press releases, social networking, Annual Report, website, newsletters, and branding.
- Responsible for managing and promoting one – two annual major fundraising events.
- Responsible with the ED to grow positive awareness of the organization and strengthen its reputation with clients, funders and the communities it serves.
- Manage the production and distribution of quality ancillary materials that support development and marketing goals.
- In conjunction with the ED, assist with the cultivation of civic organizations, the Board of Directors, corporate, foundation and business representatives via presentations, tours and volunteerism.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with at least 1 year of experience in marketing and development preferred.
- Proven success in areas of individual and corporate giving as well as grant writing and funding preferred.
- High energy, outgoing, team player, and a passion for Life’s Kitchen mission is essential.
- Working mastery of computer programs including: Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel, and familiarity with Donor software such as Constant Contact and Salesforce.
To apply, email or call Tammy Johnson, Executive Director at Life’s Kitchen.