Another recent job opening, this time from our friends at Mitchell + Palmer:
We’re adding a Digital Designer to our creative team! If you are a doer, builder, and maker of all things digital with a portfolio to prove it, let’s talk. Here is a little more detail on exactly who we are looking for:
You’re a renaissance artist. A Swiss army knife. The mortar holding every creative team together. You can design, build, execute, output, wireframe, and maybe even tweak an occasional line of code. You understand the big idea and build to strategy in realizing the vision of the brand or campaign. You can take a single piece of creative, a look, an idea and build it out into a dozen new pieces, sizes, shapes and formats. You collaborate well with other creatives and take direction and input from other designers. You understand the basic tenets of digital, UI/UX, choosing the right dev platform, and can develop and drive a wireframe through to handoff of finished dev assets. You’re incredibly skilled and fearless in Adobe CS and constantly learning newer, better, smarter ways to work. You are fearless with digital thinking and you stay on top of what’s in, what’s out, what’s possible. You make mistakes and just own it. You appreciate process, but aren’t obsessed with it. If there’s a fire that needs putting out, you don’t add more fuel. You’re not into game playing (unless it’s pool, foosball, shuffleboard, darts, or an occasional evening of poker). You’re very good at what you do, but above all you’re a great human.
- Design and create digital assets for various brand & campaign deliverables, including display advertising, social content, web/mobile/app development, and related creative components.
- Demonstrate a proficient graphic design acumen with a studied eye for composition, layout, color, typography and use of imagery.
- Aid in all facets of digital front-end development, including wireframe, layout, asset creation, and template/platform integration.
- Work closely with Art Directors and Creative Director to build out projects and campaign elements.
- Ability to multitask and balance project workloads.
- Ability to crossover into traditional/print work is a plus.
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE:
- A Minimum of an associates (2 year) degree in advertising / communication design, or related discipline.
- 3+ years creative experience in a professional environment, preferably in an creative or marketing agency.
- Well versed in the Adobe suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Web design applications such as WordPress, Dreamweaver, Muse, html language, etc. is a plus.
- Able to produce quality work while under tight deadlines and external pressures.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Positive, effective team player; with confidence to inspire, persuade, and collaborate. Possesses a “whatever it takes” mentality