The Director of Client Services is responsible for management of the Account Services team, interaction with the management team, and overseeing client relationships as a senior member of the staff. In addition to management duties, this individual will act as an Account Executive on select accounts, responsible for daily contact between the agency and client accounts and interfacing with various agency departments to move projects through on behalf of the client. This includes coordinating with the creative director concerning creative issues and input, the media director regarding media planning, the public relations director for all PR efforts, the director of digital marketing concerning interactive projects, the production manager for scheduling and timing and the accounting department for budgeting and billing.
The individual who fills this position must be driven and exemplify strong leadership qualities, as well as fit into the agency’s established culture.
The Director of Client Services will drive all initiatives for the Account Services department and have major input in developing strategic marketing plans for clients. After plans are developed and presented to clients, the Director will be responsible for overseeing those tasked with carrying out the plan on a daily basis and ensuring accurate and timely billing.
This position requires an individual with the capacity to maintain a high level of awareness and organization with client activities, detail-oriented management, and professional communication with key client contacts as needed.
- Mentors and leads account services team and provides continued opportunity for learning
- Ensures delivery of quality Agency services across all accounts
- Attends management meetings and effectively represents account services department and team members
- Establishes account services strategy and workflow
- Oversees billing, projections and QVA (quote vs. actual) reporting for team
- Staffs account services team as necessary to guarantee proper client management
- Conducts department meetings and one-on-one reviews with individuals to stay apprised of client status and provide direction
Account Executive Responsibilities
- Handles day-to-day activities and execution of approved programs for assigned clients
- Keeps apprised of progress of clients’ projects through production and traffic managers or other relevant personnel
- Initiates and manages internal teams for client jobs
- Effectively presents, sells and defends all agency work/proposals to clients; supports other client service team members in these functions
- Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments
- Assists in preparing client invoices, proposals, marketing communications and strategic marketing plans, media and public relations plans
- Regularly checks for and responds promptly to all client communications, including calls, emails and text messages
- Reviews and approves creative/production materials, copy, layouts, and production art, and coordinates client approval of same
- Authors and communicates thorough project and creative briefs to assigned team
- Develops and manages all scopes of work and client budgets
- Reviews billing prior to release to clients; ensures prompt collection of accounts receivable
- Handles all client billing projections and detailed monthly analysis for actual billing versus projections
- Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel
- Actively seeks additional projects/new business from client contacts
- Represents agency at industry and community functions