The Idaho Advertising Federation is currently accepting nominations for the AAF Silver Medal Award. The Silver Medal Award is presented “to an individual who has made outstanding contributions to advertising by furthering the industry’s standards, creative excellence, and responsibilities in areas of social concern.”
More details from the folks at the IAF:
Following receipt of nominations, the IAF Board of Directors selects a regional panel of Idaho judges to review nominees based on the criteria that follow. Only one Silver Medal is awarded each year, and judges may elect not to award the Silver Medal in any given year.
The Silver Medal winner will be announced at the annual Rockies Awards Banquet hosted by the Idaho Advertising Federation on April 24th, 2010. The recipient’s name is listed with other winners throughout the nation for presentation to the National Conference of the American Advertising Federation.
AAF SILVER MEDAL AWARD CRITERIA
Who is eligible?
- The Nominee must have achieved success in an advertising agency, for an advertiser or in broadcast or publishing.
- He or she shall have shown consistent creativity and have worked to raise the standards of the advertising profession.
- He or she shall have been active in civic, religious, or other groups dedicated to some phase of human or social welfare and must be currently active in advertising.
- The Nominee need not be a current member of the Idaho Advertising Federation.
How to submit a Nominee?
- Please submit nominations on 8.5″ x 11″ pages outlining in detail the extent to which the Nominee has met or exceeded the Silver Medal Award Criteria. You are encouraged to expand on the Nominee’s experience and contributions to such degree that judges will be fully informed. Please be advised that abbreviated nominations may be dismissed as insufficient to demonstrate a Nominee’s true qualifications.
- Provide the Nominee’s name and company affiliation on a cover page with the contact information of the nominator, followed by all pertinent qualifications of the Nominee for consideration on subsequent pages.
You may submit nominations by email to Bob Rosenthal, Vice President and General Manager of Journal Broadcast Group at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail nominations to:
Idaho Advertising Federation
Silver Medal Award Program
P.O. Box 2691
Boise, ID 83701
Please submit nominations no later than Friday, March 26th, 2010. Nominations received after this date may not receive consideration. Should you require additional time to complete a nomination or if you have questions, please contact Bob Rosenthal at 208-381-6601 or 208- 9470